I know, I know, I have an about page, and many website say “Don’t talk about yourself! No one cares…”
And besides, what’s a better way to celebrate my birthday than letting you get to know me?
So if you’re interested here I go!
…Who I am?
–I’m a Filipino citizen, mixed between Chinese, Spanish, and Filipino.
–I was born in the Philippines in December 1984. I moved to Spain back in 2004 and still haven’t learned Spanish as much as I should.
-I’m married to a very loving Norwegian. I learned his language first which is probably why my Spanish sucks! I’m often proud but shy to introduce him to everyone. Why? Well, he’s much older than I am and I don’t like receiving a negative reaction from people because of it. I’m not his trophy wife; we’re poor right now. 😂
–I’ve taken an interest in English ever since a helicopter landed in the yard of my kindergarten school when I was four, and two Americans gave me a tour around my hometown from above. Desperately wanting to understand them, those strange white men with beautiful blue eyes and colored hair, I read every English book I could get my hands on…
Even though I understood nothing about them.
Things I love…
– I love writing and reading books. I read anything from herbal books, memoirs, and fiction. When it comes to fiction, I especially enjoy romcom, Young Adult, and New-adult that doesn’t revolve around sex. I also find great satisfaction reading Paranormal stories, not much about vampires though. There are so many vampire stories around. Oh, but I adore Hotel Transylvania, just because Dracula finds human blood disgusting, and well, I love the story.
– My favorite book series is probably Harry Potter, but I didn’t read book 7 right away. I stopped reading it a few pages after Hedwig’s death. I hate how he was gone just like that. In my heart, I want him to stay alive.
– I’m also into Japanese manga and anime. Mostly shounen and seinen demographic. I prefer Josei over shoujo. Shoujo used to be my favorite when I started reading manga, but I don’t know; there are just too many things that annoy me about it in the last couple of years. I still read shoujo from time to time. Probably, finding a new favorite 1 out of 100.
– I love traveling! I’ve been driving with my husband up and down in Europe for many years, and one day I hope to reach even more places. Visiting beautiful beaches, mountains, old cities, historical places, even caves; they all inspired me. As shy as I am, I still like meeting new people because after a few minutes, that shyness will fade and I’ll be talking like we have known each other since childhood.
– And cats! I love cats. However, after tragically losing my beloved cat (only three years old), I’m sure that I’ll never have another one in my home.
– Writing. Sure writing is a career for me and I dream of one day living with just writing, but it’s also my biggest hobby.
– Second. Reading. Yeah, you know that already.
– I also enjoy creating digital arts and take pictures.
– Sewing. Yes, I love sewing too! I don’t follow trends much and I love sewing my own clothes.
– Making desserts.
Want to know more? Ask and I’ll create a post about it with a link to your site. Get in touch! 😉 I might be late to respond at times, but I’ll always take the time to reply to comments and messages.