Welcome to my about page. Please wait as I scratch my head and rub my cheeks while thinking of what to say. I’m not very good at introducing myself. I’m actually very shy in person so right now I’m trying to fake it ‘til I make it.
Now, where should I start? I’m not really sure what to say, so I’ll just start with basic info.
…Who I am?
• I’m a Filipino citizen, mixed between Chinese, Spanish, and Filipino. My biggest dream at the moment is getting a Spanish passport and work as a full-time writer.
• I’ve been married in 16 years to a very loving Norwegian guy. I’m often proud but shy to introduce him to everyone. Why? Well, he’s much older than I am and I don’t like receiving a negative reaction from people because of it. I’m not his trophy wife; we’re poor right now. Hahaha 😅
• I’ve taken an interest in English ever since a helicopter landed in the yard of my kindergarten school when I was four, and two Americans gave me a tour around my hometown from above. Desperately wanting to understand them, those strange white men with beautiful blue eyes and colored hair, I read every English book I could get my hands on, even though I understood nothing about them.
• I went to Spain when I was eighteen. At nineteen, I started working as my husband’s secretary. When he found out that I have a talent for arts and colors, he made me into his assistant and I’ve worked as an assistant designer ever since.
Things I love…
• I love writing and reading books. I read anything from herbal books, memoirs, and fictions. When it comes to fiction, I especially enjoy rom-com, Young Adult and New-adult that doesn’t revolve around sex. I also find great satisfaction reading Paranormal stories, not much about vampires though. There are so many vampire stories around. Oh, but I adore Hotel Transylvania, just because
• My favorite book series is probably Harry Potter, but I didn’t read book 7. I stopped reading it a few pages after Hedwig’s death. I hate how he was gone just like that. I don’t know if I’ll ever pick up the book again. In my heart, I want him to stay alive.
• I’m also into Japanese manga and anime. Mostly shounen and seinen demographic. I prefer Josei over shoujo. Shoujo used to be my favorite when I started reading manga, but I don’t know; there are just too many things that annoy me about it in the last couple of years. I still read shoujo from time to time. Probably, finding a new favorite 1 out of 100.
• I love traveling! I’ve been driving with my husband up and down in Europe for many years, and one day I hope to reach even more places. Visiting beautiful beaches, mountains, old cities, historical places, even caves; they all inspired me. As shy as I am, I still like meeting new people because after a few minutes, that shyness will fade and I’ll be talking like we have known each other since childhood.
• And cats! I love cats. However, after tragically losing my beloved cat (only three years old), I’m sure that I’ll never have another one in my home.
• Writing. Sure writing is a career for me and I dream of one day living with just writing, but it’s also my biggest hobby.
• Second. Reading. Yeah, you know that already.
• I also enjoy creating digital arts and take pictures.
• Sewing. Yes, I love sewing too! I don’t follow trends much and I love sewing my own clothes.
• Making desserts.
• Watching old films and listening to music. Most of my favorite music is from the 60’s up to the 90’s. Click here if you want to see/hear my playlist on Youtube. It’s not that vast yet but I try to keep updated.
• Playing guitar. I have an electric guitar gathering dust in the corner of our living room. I haven’t touched it much ever since I started writing. I don’t think I’ll ever get better at playing it. Hopefully my son will give it more love when he grows up.
Did I miss anything? Want to know more? Get in touch! I might be late to respond at times, but I’ll always take the time to reply to comments and messages.